of yours, a secret
Rest in peace, Eleanor Parker. Auf Wiedersehen, darling. You’ll always have a place in our hearts. </3
Good night, Baroness. You’ll always be my favorite.
Crowns are the traditional symbolic form of headgear worn by a monarch or by a deity, for whom the crown traditionally represents power, legitimacy, victory, triumph, honour, and glory, as well as immortality, righteousness, and resurrection.
They like each other :)
Just watched her on QI and was looking for the quote where Stephen says “David Mitchell told you something and you believed it?” but this is way cuter.
- The total economic impact of the Toronto Public Library on the city of Toronto is $1 billion.
- For every dollar invested in Toronto Public Library, Torontonians receive $5.63 of value.
- For those who use the library, the average value of services accessed is as much as $500.
- On average, one open hour at any one of the library’s 98 branches generates $2,515 in benefits for the city of Toronto. The average cost of one open hour is $653, so the average benefit is almost 4 times the average cost.
- Beyond tangible benefits outlined in the report, the library delivers value to Toronto’s communities and residents in ways that are not easily quantifiable but nonetheless support Toronto’s economy, increase its competitiveness and prosperity and contribute to the city’s livability and quality of life.
An infographic on today’s exciting announcement of the value of the Toronto Public Library to the city’s economy. This research was conducted by the Martin Prosperity Institute, and their full report titled "So Much More: The Economic Impact of the Toronto Public Library on the City of Toronto" can be read here.
The wisdom of Miss Phryne Fisher:
"I don’t allow myself to be lustfully compromised during murder investigations.”
"I do approve of a man who can fight and still maintain his sartorial elegance."
Catch your new favorite lady detective show (currently on Netflix!) for further bons mots.
collections that are raw as fuck ➝ rami kadi s/s 2013